Choosing a moving company can be a daunting task if you are not aware of the process. Most people are stressed when moving and this can be relieved if you hire the right people for the job. Before making a selection, it is advisable to take many things into consideration.
It becomes easy to choose a moving company of your choice if you are aware of what you are looking for. Irrespective of whether you had hired movers in the past or it is your first experience moving, you need to choose wisely.
Cost should not be the only consideration as there are other important factors that play a crucial role in choosing a moving company. It is advisable to have a checklist so that you can hire reputed and professional movers.
Top 5 Things to Consider When Choosing a Moving Company
- Ask Questions – All moving companies need to abide by the terms of “Good Practice Guidelines for Canadian Movers” and it is important to ascertain whether the movers that you hire are aware about them.
Check to see whether the company has skilled workers and own equipment to move things. Will services like packing, unpacking and storage be provided by the company? Ask as many questions as possible so that you are satisfied with the services that are provided.
- Get an Estimate – Ask for an estimate and give the mover precise information on the things that need to be moved. It is advisable to provide the location of old and new residence to be provided to the mover to get a comprehensive quote.
You can choose to get the quote from two or more companies so that you are able to compare and make an informed choice. Reputed movers insist on giving a quote by visiting your home or facility so that they can give an accurate estimate. It is always advisable to get a written estimate so that all costs are included in it.
- Reputation of the Moving Company – It is often tempting to hire any mover who offers a low price but such a decision is best avoided. Check the reputation and experience of the mover so that you are able to hire the best. Get references and ask for recommendations from family members and friends. Check to see if they have any complaints against them.
- Pricing – Clearly understand how much you are charged and what are the services been provided. Are you been charged by the weight of the shipment or by hour? Do you need to pay for additions like fuel surcharges?
- License & Insurance – Verify the license of the moving company as all of them are required by law to be licensed and insured. Avoid hiring movers that are not insured and licensed. movers near me